Vinyl flooring is without a doubt one of the most popular flooring options nowadays due to a multitude of desirable qualities. It is economical, long lasting, beautiful, and offers lots of other advantages that attract the consumers all over the world.
In this blog piece, we will discuss everything that an average interested customer needs to know about vinyl flooring. That includes the reasons why vinyl flooring is so beneficial for a regular household or office, as well as the variety found in the vinyl flooring niche. We will also look at a few precautions you may need to take in case you have gone ahead with installing vinyl at your place.
We hope that reading this piece will ensure that you avoid any problems with your installation, use and maintenance of vinyl flooring along with helping you make an informed decision about buying it.
Qualities of Vinyl Flooring
- Vinyl is much more economical than hardwood, carpet, tile or other similar flooring options. If you have a limited budget, then vinyl is the absolute best option due to the low price and high quality.
- Modern vinyl flooring is nothing like the old school vinyl floors since today, vinyl can look as luxurious as anything else. You can achieve a hardwood, tile or marble and brick like look. Al the more reason to consider it.
- Vinyl flooring is very reliable. It very rarely get damaged and when it does, it is mostly due to some extreme duress or some kind of highly pointed impact. Otherwise, it here are no problems.
- There is a foam layer under most types of vinyl flooring that makes it softer to walk on to, though not overly so as that would be a hindrance more than a luxury. The presence of said layer reduces the stress on your body significantly while walking and standing.
- Vinyl flooring may not be as long lasting as some forms of hardwood, bamboo, or even tile flooring, but under proper care and maintenance, it can last for more than a decade.
- There are a variety of vinyl flooring options available. In terms of quality, you can access comparatively inexpensive vinyl as well as high-end premium stuff. You can get vinyl in the form of sheets, tiles or even planks. Tile vinyl can mimic the design of brick and tile flooring whereas sheet and plank vinyl looks and acts quite a bit like hardwood flooring. You can get whatever type of vinyl based on your budget and preference.
- Vinyl is resistant to stains and that make it very easy to clean and maintain. It something has spilled, take a damp cloth and wipe without having to bother with chemicals or cleaning agents. Also, if you are using sheet vinyl, the moisture would not affect the floor in any alarming way. Al in all, vinyl requires very little maintenance, if you sweep and mop the floor regularly, it would be as good as new.
Precautions to Take With Vinyl Flooring
- If you want to install vinyl flooring, make sure that the subfloor beneath it is clean and clear of any sharp objects that may damage it from the bottom. This is because vinyl is softer than other floor types.
- It is advised that you use furniture pads below heavy objects ala furniture or any appliances so that there is no chance of any floor damage as vinyl is quite soft which may lead to floor pits under consistent heavy pressure.
- Vinyl doesn’t increase the resale value of your house as much as hardwood or marble but that is understandable as it is also cheaper than those two options.
- If vinyl flooring catches fire, the smoke contains toxic chemicals which can be dangerous. Though fire is always a hazard regardless of the type of flooring but the due to these chemicals, it is recommended that vinyl is only installed in areas where no fires are lit.
PrestigeFlooringUK.com provide valuable information to its readers about flooring options and the related subjects so that they can make informed decisions. Contact us if need more information or have any queries.